Home Buyer EducationLewis & Clark Development Group
NDHFA, CommunityWorks North Dakota, and The Village Family Service Center have partnered to provide individuals and families with access to eHome America’s online Homebuyer Education program.
The full course is available online and can be completed at your convenience. You’ll learn about the home buying process from start to finish – what you can afford, how to choose the right house, lender and mortgage, and what financial assistance may be available to you.
The cost is $99 per registration. To receive a discount that will lower the fee to $0, use the coupon code HOME30 when you register. Register at www.ehomeamerica.org/ndhfa.
For more information on Home Buyer Education resources, contact Lisa Pogatshnik
Are you an individual, business, or government rep looking for funding?
Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic's Economic Impact
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the CARES Act was passed by Congress and signed into law on March 27, 2020. The act provided the U.S. Economic Development Administration with $1.5 billion for economic assistance programs to help communities prevent, prepare for, and respond to the pandemic.
Lewis & Clark Regional Development Council (RDC) was awarded $400,000 through the federal CARES ACT to help coordinate a response to the pandemic’s economic effects within Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan, and Sioux counties.
The award allows Lewis & Clark RDC is provide businesses, lenders, city, economic development groups, county, and tribal leaders within the region with a range of services, which include:
- Development and implementation of an economic recovery and resilience programs with the goal of rebuilding resilient and sustainable communities throughout the organization’s region
- Providing assistance in coronavirus recovery planning efforts among the most highly impacted communities
- Identifying economic development grant-eligible projects with state and federal resources for locally impacted communities to ensure these entities take full advantage of available funding opportunities
- Identifying and cultivating private and nonprofit partnership opportunities
- Serving as a liaison between local, state, and federal partners in order to speed the recovery process
- Facilitating the implementation of locally generated disaster recovery economic development projects
Serving South Central North Dakota Since 1969
Lewis & Clark RDC is the federally designated Economic Development District (EDD) for Burleigh, Emmons, Grant, Kidder, McLean, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, Sheridan, and Sioux counties. Among the range of services provided to these counties are:
- Administration of regional lending and grant programs
- Economic and community development consulting and assistance
- Access to federal, state, and local funding to enhance employment and business opportunities, maintain and improve infrastructure and public facilities, and perform strategic planning