The staff and board members of Lewis & Clark Development Group want you to be aware that the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved a Disaster Declaration for North Dakota small businesses affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Businesses located in all counties in North Dakota can apply at: https://disasterloan.sba.
Here’s key information you need to know…
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible, you must be a small business (500 employees or less).
- North Dakota small businesses affected by the disaster – common eligible businesses include: retailers, restaurants, recreational facilities, tourism-based businesses, manufacturers, ownersof rental property, hotels, wholesalers, and many more.
- Private nonprofits
- Small agriculture cooperatives are eligible, but agricultural enterprises are not
- Small aquaculture businesses
How to Apply?
While paper applications are accepted, filing electronically is easier, faster and more accurate. https://
How can the loan be used?
The loans are for working capital which includes fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that can’t be paid due to the disaster’s impact. It does not cover lost sales.
How much can I apply for?
You will not be asked how much you would like to borrow. The SBA uses the information you provide to determine the loan amount. Small businesses can receive a secured loan up to $2 million, and an unsecured loan up to $25,000.
Gather Your Materials
- Business information
- Contact information and social security numbers for all applicants
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) for business applicants
- Insurance information
- Financial information (e.g. income, account balances and monthly expenses) – Know the total amounts and payments due for debts that will be paid over the next 10 months or longer (i.e. mortgages, student loans, credit cards, etc.)
Other key information:
- Use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to apply.
- The ‘Help Button’ provides useful information for each page.
- Use the ‘Save Button’ frequently.
- Be patient and keep trying if you experience slow load times.
What’s next? What should you expect?
- You will receive email confirmation that your application has been submitted
- You will receive an email letting you know that your application is under review.
- BE PREPARED: You will be contacted by someone from the SBA
- Have your monthly expenses and financial projections ready (the ND SBDC, SCORE, and ND WBC can help with this!)
To help support our small business community, SBA has created a small business resource page dedicated to COVID-19 at SBA.gov/Coronavirus. Here you will find CDC requirements for small businesses, how to access SBA loan products outside of EIDL and much, much more.
Additionally, SBA’s North Dakota network of resource partners stand ready to assist small businesses across the state. These partners are seeing clients virtually to assist in minimizing impact exposure to COVID-19 and protect our small business communities.
- North Dakota Commerce Department — www.ndresponse.gov/covid-19-resources
- North Dakota Small Business Development Center — www.ndsbdc.org
- SCORE Mentors — www.score.org
- North Dakota Women’s Business Center — www.ndwbc.com
- North Dakota Veteran Business Outreach Center — www.und.edu/dakotasvboc
For additional information on disaster assistance, please contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center at 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or disastercustomerservice@
Visit SBA.gov/disaster for more information.
All of the SBA’s programs and services are provided to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.